09 August 2012

Lavender Lemon Pound Cake

I found this recipe some times back, and I have been wanting to try baking with dried flowers! I have seen cake & cookies baked with rose petals, etc. and more recently I kept hearing about lavenders!

I chanced upon a bottle of dried lavender flowers during my usual supermarket trip and I have decided to buy it and aimed to bake it soon.....hahahaha my soon turned out to be 3 months later.

This cake uses quite a lot of flour and I was rather uncomfortable with it as I was afraid that the cake may be really dense and hard. However, since I only found this receipe with Lavender, I have decided to just give it a go and see how it will turn out.... If you never try, you will never know.


It was getting exciting as the aroma started to rise and I cannot wait to taste the cake!


The cake was really dense as I expected and heavy. However, the aroma from the lavender and the wonderful lemon zests gave it a nice lift. I can only describe the experience after a bite as sensory wonders....savoring the wonderful aromatherapy session to my taste buds!


The cake tasted a lot better the next day but became a little harder the following day.

I will definitely bake with lavender again. However, I will use my favourite pound cake recipe and tweak it instead :)

I won't be posting the recipe this time as I only want to post recipes that, in my opinion, is good...hahahahaha... perfectionist lah... However, if you are still keen on having the current recipe, you can drop me a comment and if I gather enough request, I will definitely post it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment