17 February 2012

Marmite Chicken

Marmite brings back childhood memories. My mum used to put 2 teaspoons of marmite into my porridge and I just love it!

When my son was about 9 months plus, I also put a teaspoon of marmite into his porridge and he loves it too! So, for me I was quite amazed when I chanced upon this Marmite Chicken recipe so I decided to give it a try. I simply love marmite to bits that I even spread it on my toast!

The combination of Marmite, Honey & Light Soya Sauce is really amazing. However, if you're not a fan of marmite, you probably won't like this as it is full of marmite flavours :) A definite keeper for our family menu :)



Ingredients

1 Whole Chicken, cut into bite size pieces

Marinade:

1 tsp Ground Pepper
2 Tbsps Oyster Sauce
2 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Egg
6 Tbsps Corn Flour

Sauce:

3 Tbsps Marmite
3 Tbsps Honey
2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
½ tsp Chicken Stock Granules (knorrs)
100 ml Water

Method:
  1. Marinate chicken with seasoning and let it stand in the fridge for 1 hour.
  2. Heat HCP with oil and pan fry chicken until golden browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
  3. Pour the sauce ingredients into the pan and boil until sauce starts to thicken.
  4. Add the fried chicken pieces to the pan and toss to coat.
  5. Dish out and serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment