08 March 2012

Beef with Asparagus in Oyster Sauce

Since I started planning weekly menu, I've made a note to incorporate at least one dish of red meat per week. Thus, today we are going to have Beef with Asaparagus in Oyster Sauce :)

Too bad hubby is going to miss it today as he loves anything with beef BUT I have already put aside some beef to cook this again for him maybe over the weekend.

I don't fancy eating meat much but somehow this dish just makes me want to take a bite the moment it was cooked! For those of you who knows me, you'll know how I tend to make faces whenever I'm told to eat meat and my mum used to crack her head just trying to find ways to get me to eat teeny weeny bit of meat every meal! So Yes, you heard me well, I want to eat this dish!

The beef is nicely marinated and the combination of spring onion and Asparagus just simply does wonders for me. I want my dinner now! hahaha


Beef with Asparagus in Oyster Sauce
Serves 2 (double the recipe if you need to feed 4)

(A)
225g Beef Flank Slices

1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Corn Flour
½ Tbsp Spring Onion, Minced

(B)
Aspargus

(C)
1 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
½ Tbsp Shao Xing Wine
½ Tbsp Sugar
½ Tbsp Corn Flour
Dash Pepper
4 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
½ Tbsp Toasted White Sesame Seeds (optional)

Methods

  1. Cut beef into 2 inch wide strips along grain. Slice across the grain & mix in (A).
  2. Heat 2 Tsps of cooking oil & stir-fry beef until medium well by closing the pan for about 2 mins. Set aside.
  3. Stir fry spring onions & asparagus until fragrant by closing the pan for about 3 mins
  4. Add (C) and beef. Close pan and cook for 3 mins or until steam starts coming out from the vent. Open the pan and lightly stir-fry to mix well.
  5. Remove dish from pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
  6. Serve & Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm really craving for this kind of dish because I really like eating saucy food. I will try this tomorrow for my breakfast so that I can have a delicious food.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete