15 March 2012

Satay Peanut Sauce

I was trying to find a short-cut for the process by looking for instant satay sauce. As you can guess it, no luck in locating it anywhere near my place.

So, I've no choice but to make it from scratch espcially when I'm deteremined to have chicken satay for dinner tonight! Muahahaha...

Luckily, I managed to get ground peanuts from NTUC so that solved the major work area :)

The peanut sauce is really nice and it fills up 3/4 of my Ikea 365 Soup Bowl. The sauce is thick and filled with peanuts and the taste....can't use words to describe it....just what I like my peanut sauce to be :)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Coarsely grounded Peanuts
1 cup Water
1 Tbsp Kecap Manis
1 1/2 Tbsps Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Cooking Oil
1 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
1/4 Cup Water

Spice Paste (you can either grind it or pound)
8 pieces Dried Red Chillies (take out the seeds & soaked in warm water)
3 cloves of Garlic
3 Shallots
2 Lemongrass (white parts only)
1 inch Galangal (Blue Ginger)
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder

Method
  1. Soak Tamarind pulp in 1/4 cup of water for 15 mins, squeeze & strained for juice.
  2. Chop the spice paste ingredients and blend it to a fine paste.
  3. Heat a teaspoon of cooking oil in Happycall Pan on low heat & fry the spice paste until fragrant.
  4. Add the ground peanuts, tamarind juice, water, sugar, Kecap Manis and stir thoroughly.
  5. Close the pan for 2 mins to let it simmer.
  6. Open the pan and continue to stir until the peanut sauce turns smooth.
  7. Dish up and set aside as dipping sauce for your satay.

This is the ready-made ground peanut that I used for the satay sauce.


1 comment:

  1. Hi LuthAdel,

    This looks really yummy! :)
    Now I know what to do with my packet of ground peanut, hahaha!

    Regards,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete